SteveinArizona
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW 530e

Quote:
Originally Posted by BmwDenmark82 View Post
Hello

I am in the market for a premium car, and is starting to get in love with the 2021 BMW 5 Series.
More precise the 545e.

Because of new taxes the model can be bought with a very big discount in our country. About 40.000 $ cheaper than last year because it’s a hybrid.
So pretty wild.
It’s actually cheaper than the 530i!

I have heard and read that the inline 6 in the Bmw is legendary. That is of course a factor.

The important things for me is the exterior, interior, performance and quality.

Do you think the 545e is the way to go?
Do you think I should worry about the reliability because it’s the PHEV Technology?
Do you have any experiences with the 545e or the inline 6 sitting in it?

Thank you for helping.
I have a 2018 530e and it has been rock solid since I acquired it in late December of 2017.

I don't see reliability as an issue. As for interior, it depends upon how you acquire it. The Dakota/Vernasca is, to me, a cheap leather and I would prefer the Sensatec to it. But I went to a 5 series (I like a smaller car) in part because I wanted the Nappa leather. If you get the luxury seating package and the leather dash (if it is available), the interior will be plush.

If we could get the 545e in the US, I would trade for it right away. My advice: run and buy it before they change the tax rules!!!!
Appreciate 1
ted99248.00