Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 5er

Garage List
  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lanc1988 View Post
I looked my VIN up and it looks like everything is there.
I didn't see something about the 360 cameras but I think that might be listed as:

S5DN Parking Assistance System Plus

That sounds right. The Surround View is part of the package and not standard. The only thing standard involving cameras it the basic, backup camera, because that is required by law on every new car in the US.

I don't think the VIN Decoder will help warn you of a stop sale due to parts shortage because it will still have all the features listed that you ordered as your car ships. People are getting held up at US port locations due to missing parts and are waiting on retrofits. Which means they may not remove the parking package from the build and instead ship the car and hope to retrofit it soon so that they can finally sell it. And if they get a backup camera but not the other cameras that do the surround view for the parking package, they may decide to credit you for the missing cameras from the parking package and still sell you the car. Therefore, the VIN would show the parking package being included since BMW is expecting to retrofit the part as it becomes available.
Appreciate 0