08-10-2021, 09:54 AM   #21
dhodory
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 BMW M550i

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmooManiak View Post
You are absolutely incorrect. As a matter of fact, their customer support was MUCH better than what I dealt with with Carbahn. They respond to emails within an hour and jump on the laptop with you the same day. I needed help going back to stock and within an hour I was on with the remote support team from Toronto who flashed my car remotely in a few minutes.

There were instances where I waited days for Carbhan to respond! I'm fairly certain that BM3 has sold more tunes than most others combined. They are huge in the other (more enthusiast) communities.
Thanks for the perspective.

Good support is one thing - obviously, it's valuable. And most of what I've read here has been complimentary of BM3, for sure.

Organization size / investment is also important (to me). I still don't have a good feel from your response, just how large BM3 is as an organization? Is it one person with a laptop working out of his/her house? Does he/she have a physical location or stand-alone building? Why does this matter to me? Well, while I certainly don't have an axe to grind with BM3, it's been my experience with other aftermarket auto businesses that when the situation gets tough (i.e., a circumstance arises that costs them a significant amount of $$ to fix) they simply shut down and re-open under a new LLC or DBA. That tends not to happen the more investment has been made - physical facility, branding, etc. I am not suggesting BM3 would do or has done this - I'm simply describing my reason for wanting to understand the size and level of investment a particular auto aftermarket company. This is about *my* level of risk assessment, nothing more.

So, is there anyone who can share any info about the relative size/scope of BM3s operation?

Last edited by dhodory; 08-10-2021 at 01:49 PM..
Appreciate 0