Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 5er

Garage List
  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by CnSky View Post
The saga continues but things are looking better I’m halfway to a full repair. (no thanks to BMW as I figured it all out myself)
I installed a new front left shock today by myself (not fun) and it didn’t make much of a difference to the instability and skittish drive around town, The 6ma leak on the front left shock remained so I assumed it must be the VDP module for the EDCs.
So I decided to go nuclear and installed a used VDP module I had also purchased (in case the shock wasn’t the problem) and I had Kubax86 (that guy is a coding legend) log in and code it then flash to latest software firmware version.
The amp leak to the single shock was an indication that the VDP was toast and after the replaced VDP was installed all shocks now received amps even at park.
Kubax86 also cleared any fault codes after the flash that guys is brilliant I would advise anyone with a weird issue to let him have a look as it was the best 100 buck I spent so far.
I had to do a ride height adjustment which I did myself as it required measurements taken an input via ISTA to tell the new VDP what level ground and distance form alloy edge to fender arch was.
Went for a drive and finally the car now drives in town like a BMW should no shaking or rear tail wag over uneven surfaces and the EDC system is clearly working again as in I can notice the difference between Sport and comfort.
I’m having a new aux battery also installed this week by BMW as if its aged like mine it can cause the VDP to switch of completely when in electric mode in town.
So remining issue is the vibration on the motorway in my seat from 110KM+. Its definitely coming from the Drive shaft as I bought a NVH app and its indicated 2 and 3rd order vibrations I’m guessing the CDB or Guido is gone and as luck would have it (I planned ahead again) I have both CSB and Guido brand new in the shed and also new engine and GB mounts.
Will have them all fitted next week and fingers crossed car is finally driving correctly in town and on the motorway.
Will report back then.
It really sucks that no one on here is able to help you with providing data and information on their cars but it's also possible they are not tech-savvy when it comes to their cars and don't know how to pull that info from their cars and equipment, just like me.

But it's good to see you make your way through the diagnostics, although you shouldn't have to and the techs at the dealership should be able to diagnose and fix it for you instead of passing the buck.

Good to see you're making some headway with it.
Appreciate 0