Private First Class
No_Country
Rep
Drives: e90 M3 IB DCT

Garage List
2009 E90 M3  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2009550iMSport View Post
Thanks for making a separate thread! It just seemed like a lot of work.

Here’s a snapshot of the Bluetooth audio interface:

One thing OP didn’t mention was that this box supports lossless audio playback with wireless CarPlay and Apple Music. This is a HUGE deal, considering most OEM CarPlay setups don’t even support this. The music sounds incredible. I compared it to the Bluetooth audio built-in to the Mr12Volt Interface, and the difference was very noticeable.

If anyone would like one of these mic splitters, send me an email @ rlitt636@gmail.com. If I get 3 or more people interested I’m going to approach the vendor I got my extra splitter from and see about buying several. There are dozens of these CarPlay box vendors in Hong Kong/China, but this one seems like a cool dude. I imagine he has boxes of these parts lying around. It’s not guaranteed I can get them, but I will definitely try!

Oh, and as far as mounting the box goes, I mounted mine on top of the cup holder housing. There’s a large void in between the airbag and the dash. At first I was a little bit concerned about it possibly interfering with the airbag in the event of a crash, but the airbag deploys from the top of the dash vertically, so this area should be just fine. I used the supplied 3M mounting tape to secure it. There may be better options for you E9x owners, but this worked great for me, and it’s right next to the CIC head unit and display. The cup holder mounting brackets also make for a great place to mount your antennas! I mounted those on the passenger side cup holder bracket.
Email sent for Mic splitter.

Thanks for organizing this.
Appreciate 0