Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe-BMW33 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by 23109VC View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe-BMW33 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by 23109VC View Post
So your dealer did the install for you… what, if anything, did they say about your warranty? Do you still have some of the factory warranty left?

I have a CPO warranty and have held off on a tune b/c of my concern that my warranty / CPO will be voided (at least as to the engine)…. If the dealer is an authorized installer, maybe they "look the other way" if you have a motor issue?

Does the car pop/crackle more or just faster?
Carbahn and Dinan (up until a few weeks ago) are the only tunes that BMW dealers sell and the only tunes that don't negate the factory warranty. This is because 1) dealers have an arrangement with both companies, read $$ and 2) both companies back up the warranty with their own warranty. Meaning if BMW determines the tune was at fault for damage, both companies step in and pay for the repair.

Dinan recently stopped offering this on the new X product line but they still grandfather it for the prior tunes already sold. The new X tune is dirt cheap because of the lack of warranty. Carbahn offers their tune for $1200 with no warranty or the same tune with warranty for $2400. I have a problem with this. You either stand by it or you don't. My guess is that if you buy through a dealer and you are under factory warranty, they strongly advise or make you pay 2X. I'm really curious what route the OP went. Carbahn is owned by Steve Dinan BTW.
I wonder how that would apply to a CPO extended warranty versus the original factory warranty?
I think both Carbahn and Dinan tune warranties are gray on CPO. I just entered CPO the first of the year. I'm honestly not sure the Dinan warranty I have applies.

That said I'm not worried. Both tunes are on the lighter side compared to BM3 or custom ECU tunes that there is almost zero chance either of these are going to cause a failure. I also don't beat the shit out of the car or track it. I've never launched. I just like the added juice. It's noticeable, but nothing like changing maps and hunting down high octane gas.

If I could do it all over again, I would have put less emphasis on warranty and got the X product for $1,500 less than the V2 as the numbers are the same. That said, Dinan didn't offer the V2 in May when I did it. So I have a $1500 warranty, like paying double for Carbahn.

EDIT: I should add that I have been to the dealer several times and they had no issue or comments on the tune.
I'm looking at the X..will the X get rid of a CEL if i put a downpipe on?
Appreciate 0