TourStageFan
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: '12 535iX M-Sport, CaymanS, %E

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe-BMW33 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by TourStageFan View Post
I just picked up a CPO 2018 540iX with 39K miles. I just had the same "Coolant Level Low - top off immediately" warning that others have posted in this thread.
It happened last night, but did not come on again after I restarted the engine.

Should I insist that they perform a leak test as the first step rather than merely have them top-off the coolant?
It will come on again soon or next cold restart. Just fib a little bit and tell them you have had to add twice in a month. They will inspect and test.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe-BMW33 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by TourStageFan View Post
I just picked up a CPO 2018 540iX with 39K miles. I just had the same "Coolant Level Low - top off immediately" warning that others have posted in this thread.
It happened last night, but did not come on again after I restarted the engine.

Should I insist that they perform a leak test as the first step rather than merely have them top-off the coolant?
It will come on again soon or next cold restart. Just fib a little bit and tell them you have had to add twice in a month. They will inspect and test.
Thank you for the advice, it's much appreciated. Our family has a longstanding relationship with our Service Advisor dating back to my father's E39, E60 then my F10 and now G30 so I'm sure he will be helpful.
Appreciate 1
Joe-BMW337502.00