Thread: Its goodbye
View Single Post
      01-20-2022, 04:54 AM   #7
jsf721
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 540i X M Sport

Looked at a 2021 LS AWD sport. Not a direct equal but financially it was. Looked at it and got priced. It’s a large vehicle for me to drive daily. Went back to drive it but a few days later it was sold.

If the GS-F was priced better it would have sold well in the US.
The ES is not a 5 series competitor. It’s a nice car and I bet reliable but I don’t find it fun to drive. My mother loved hers but she was a mellow driver interested in comfort, safety and a nice interior. Worked well for her. I would be frustrated with performance.

I really liked the Audi but every time I drive one I feel like I am going to break it.
Maybe I’ll feel differently. Next week I rented an Audi sport back for my trip to Florida. My luck I’ll get the Q 50. Alamo says it’s either a A5 Sport back or a Q50.
I requested the Audi but they cannot guarantee availability.

The Benz E class is nice but feels tight on me I’m 6’3 and the E class I want is no savings at all.

This is my DD. It needs to handle 15-18k /year of highways, city and all weather. I go to work no matter the weather. Most of my miles are solo and I need top tech for making hands free calls and sending texts and email hands free. CarPlay integration for waze is a must. I need a capable reliable vehicle, that’s also able to handle 4 adults on occasion. I do lots of lunches with clients and some dinners where I’m the driver. The 540 IX M Sport has been able to handle all that and be fun to drive.

I’ll warranty it up and continue to enjoy it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sxs1687 View Post
What's the Lexus alternative to the 5, now that they've discontinued the GS series? It can't possibly be the FWD ES, is it?...and the LS is more of a 7 series competitor. GS was the best Lexus imo, too bad it's sales kept getting crushed by the 5 series, E class, and the A6/S6 that they needed to remove it from the line up. That GS-F was pretty cool.

Last edited by jsf721; 01-20-2022 at 05:05 AM..
Appreciate 0