02-09-2022, 10:00 AM   #47
FCX5
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: X5 50i

Quote:
Originally Posted by packet View Post
I may be misinformed on this (and welcome being enlightened), but everytime I see the EV case pushed, I ask 'what about the infrastructure to power it?'

To that, I never get a concrete response. For instance, I don't see any new nuclear plants being built out either in the US / Canada - it's all pie in the sky 'we'll figure out something in the future' living on the hope of the future.
And the future does hold many wondrous things, but it would be prudent to start planning rather than leave it to chance or lack of direction.

All that makes me rather skeptical of the motives of the parties involved ..
Are you saying people with EVs are not charging their cars? We put more miles in our EV than ICE in 2021. FWIW. I am assuming what you are referring to is when will EV's be mainstream compared to ICE? That is a good question. It is a similar transition from regular mobile phones to smartphones - initially people thought it would take 50 years to get the bandwidth and that the cost of accessing the network would be too expensive for most people...

There are lots of people working on the technological problems. EVs and how they are charged (clean vs fossil fuel) are two different topics. IMHO.
Appreciate 0