View Single Post
      02-09-2022, 02:40 PM   #61
Patton250
Colonel
Rep
Drives: BMW X3,M5,Turbo S

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmg View Post
Well, in theory everything is finite. Fossil fuels are finite, but if you are arguing that there's so much of it, that it's practically infinite then there is an argument for that. However, accessing that fuel is going to become more of an issue as time goes by. Fracking and deep sea drilling are already pretty common practices. If it was easy to get, why are we resorting to such measures? Why have so many wars been fought for oil? Why are we relying so much on foreign oil? Economically speaking, as an American, i'd rather we be more energy independent. Why not be a leader in renewable energy? We have the land, resources and weather for hydro, wind, and solar.

My other #3 said that "Electricity is practically infinite compared to fossil fuels when you consider renewable energy sources." So I kind of tried to address this idea. It takes hundreds of millions of years to form a fossil fuel, so it's not considered renewable by any practical means for human kind. We're only about 300k years old.

Yeah, well it's Florida. FPL's rate hike was approved by the state board and Commissioner Mike La Rosa, who was appointed by Gov. Ron DeSantis. You can take it up with them. However, there's always some crazy scheme going on and allegedly the FPL was involved in helping the GOP. Maybe this was their "reward"?
You see this is where I believe you and I live on two completely different worlds. We were completely energy independent not too long ago because of fracking. That’s all done now and we are back to foreign oil. Yet you make a statement like we always have been when that’s just not true. We have enough fuel on our own continent and in our own territorial waters to be energy independent with fossil fuels until your great grandchildren die. Probably longer.

The reason why FP&L raised their prices is not because politicians are helping them is because everything‘s going up. It costs a lot more to make electricity. I forget by what percentage but inflation is upcatastrophically in the last year. I don’t know why your side always gets away with bringing up politics. I used the L word in a sentence that had nothing to do with politics and got banned from this forum for 30 freaking days.

The number 3 I was referring to was your number 3 on fossil fuels. Sorry about the misunderstanding. I should’ve been more clear on that.
Appreciate 0