Brazil
Rep
Drives: '22 Chalk Gray Porsche C2S

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Blood View Post
My thoughts on The Batman

Spoiler alert, spoiler alert, spoiler alert

Overall, it was OK.
I thought Robert Pattison was a good Batman, but they did not do much with the Bruce Wayne character. And what was up with the butler? He was kind of a central player, but they didn't really flesh out his character either. Cat woman was good character, and the bad guys were OK.

As this is a car form, I have a major bone to pick with the Batmobile from this movie. Was it internal combustion or a turbine powered car? Because the sound overdub was what sounded like a V-8.

Overall, It could've been a half hour shorter, at least. And the resolution was a little weak.
This movie was just was not up to the standard of the Christopher Nolan movies.

***SPOILER ALERT***

I agree on the lack of development for the Bruce Wayne aspect, but I also acknowledge this was his second year as "The Batman". He hadn't/hasn't fully figured himself out and even during a few of the ending scenes he opines about developing himself and becoming something more than "vengeance" because the people need more. Maybe the follow-up film(s) will show the development of the playboy philanthropist or maybe they'll jettison that stigma completely. Keaton's Bruce Wayne was more sophisticated than Bale's.

The car was/is supposed to be a force induced big block. There was a scene in his under-developed Batcave where a big block engine sat in the background.

I liked the presentation of the villains. Their genesises seemed more realistic than what was depicted in prior films (…e.g…Catwoman being bitten by a dozen cats or being possessed by a spiritual cat, Penguin being raised by penguins and having penguin hands/feet, etc.). The Riddler's costume was an interesting take too. I feel/felt like the depiction of that character was realistic of a how domestic terrorist might present himself. His outfit reminded me of what the North Hollywood shootout criminals wore back in 1997 as they rampaged the city of Los Angeles. I found it to be a really fitting choice.

Lastly…..

….yeah, the resolution seemed to be a lesser quality and less crisp than the seemingly high(er) resolution Nolan movies. I think that might've been done on purpose to add a gritty feel to the films, but that's just my guess.
Appreciate 0