View Single Post
      03-10-2022, 12:24 PM   #11
HerkHealer
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: G30/M550

Quote:
Originally Posted by LogicalApex View Post
CPO can be extended for up to two years (basically BMW is always allowing you to max out at 7 years from the build date). If you are low mileage the CPO route would be a waste of money as it wouldn’t offer anything in addition while adding extra costs (certification + extended warranty buying).

If you take a look at the link I shared earlier it enumerated what BMWs plan doesn’t cover.

BMW plans are like all things BMW unnecessarily complicated and confusing. For instance, the cheap power train plus plan covers motor mounts while the most expensive platinum plan does not.

It will settle down though on pricing and claims process. BMW has the flexibility of being any dealership and they do the claims work. But some third party plans may be more comprehensive if you can trust them to handle claims smoothly.

For me, the ESC made sense to give me cover under this chip shortage and pricing mess blows over. I also got a better price on the BMW plan from the dealership who gets mentioned here a lot than I did from reputable third party plans.
Thanks APex !

Really appreciate the insight. Like I mentioned, i still have about 1.5 years before I make these purchases, but I like to do my homework early. Sounds like im going with the ESC Platinum 7/100 for certain though. There is no way I will be putting big miles on this beast.
Appreciate 0