View Single Post
      04-09-2022, 08:35 PM   #25
SYT_Shadow
///M Powered for Life
Rep
Drives: E90M/E92M/M4GTS/M4GT4/X5M

Quote:
Originally Posted by reidetailing View Post
Thanks to everyone who's contributed to this thread so far.

SYT, thank-you very much for your detailed feedback and experience with several of the top BBKs for the E9X M3 platform.

Funny you mention the nickel-plated Alcons from Bimmerworld...I was on the phone w/one of the Bimmerworld sales reps who had actually mentioned that this was coming in the undetermined future.

1) If I may ask, what's the price point on the nickel-plated Alcon offering compared to the regular offering from Bimmerworld?
2) Do you have any photos of them?

Thanks,
Alex
All the motorsports BBKs are nickel plated. I once saw a PFC Z54 kit that was nickel plated and then found out it wasn't something that could be retrofitted/done after the fact.
Every time I see a 991 Cup car or a Cayman CS that comes with a nickel plated PFC kit I'm reminded how good that finish looks.

When the BW-Alcons came out they were only anodized so that's what we got. Very durable finish but a little plain. That's what we got for our CS.

When GTS1 and GTS2 came into the picture we felt we had to have the nickel plated calipers. BImmerWorld said they didn't exist but as we were buying two kits and kept pestering them we got them to place a larger order of these. The timeline leaves us in June! No idea if there are other kits from that order that are not spoken for.

They were ~600 more per axle than the anodized. For me, this seems like a no-brainer given the cost of any of these brake kits.

No photos because they don't exist yet, but I'll try to attach one of another Alcon kit to give you an idea.
Attached Images

Appreciate 2
DrFerry6734.50