NGT2
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW M550i xDrive (2020)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scotty B View Post
I posted this on the G30 FB group, but wanted to post here in case you guys aren't on there.

MSS spring update. I've put about 700 miles on em now. Dropped car about an inch in the front, 3/4 inch rear. Completely adjustable from 0-30mm. This is on an M550 with the heavier engine too. I am running DWS06+ right now and a 12/15mm spacer f/r. OEM springs really accentuated body roll of the car. These springs have almost completely eliminated body roll and keeps the car flat through curves and corners. This helps with tire loads while cornering. I feel more contact patch and can feel the tire limits easier. Previously I ran US421 and had major understeer on certain curves over 50mph due to tires on one side of the car unloading and the other side overloading. More like corners, but we will call them curves. Yesterday, I was one handing the steering wheel at 60mph around the same curves, cruising. As far as comfort, it is more comfortable in certain situations with road undulations and imperfections. Definitely stiffer on bigger bumps though due to spring rate. These have an OEM feel. Based on a stock M5 I drove, it is more comfortable and as capable. TLDR; best suspension upgrade if you don't want to spend 3-4k on coil overs.
Do you think you'd have gotten those same results if you didn't lower it at all, or maybe half as much? I've been paying more attention the last few weeks and I really don't want to lower much or at all. Daily driving just needs the clearance around here or else it's one more thing I have to worry about.

RETIRED: 2018 540i Luxury Line (Dark Graphite/Canberra Beige)
Appreciate 0