View Single Post
      07-13-2022, 08:08 AM   #21
2022M550i
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2022 M550i, 2015 Viper

I do think this will cheapen the brand....everyone will have the same car. Nothing unique here...Buying another BMW will be a hard no if this is the way they are going.

This obviously is a move to increase revenue for BMW on multiple fronts. From a production standpoint, it's simple. Every car gets built the same way. That's huge cost containment taking variability out of the production equation. The options aren't worth shit anyways, so why not fully load all of them taking the gamble people will eventually opt in multiple options they normally wouldn't initially buy.

I can see this getting ugly...your standard audio system is 100w, but for $15 bucks a month you can unlock another 500w, for $19.95 a month you can unlock the full potential of 1200w. Who's not going to spring for the 1200w if you're forced into that situation?

From a technology standpoint, everything eventually gets sunsetted. That's the nature of the industry. 3G is gone by the end of the year...everything that connects via 3G is shit out of luck. If your car is loaded with extinct options, future worth and desirability is zero...again, forcing people to buy the latest and greatest.

Eh....TV used be free. Radio used to be free. When you bought software, it used to be one payment and done. I'm just tired of the chronic payment. I like to own and not rent. No, I don't want cheese on f'n everything...leave me alone...if I wanted it, I would have asked for it up front. Everywhere you turn, someone is in your pocket. Stop the upsell!

Okay...I'm done with my morning rant...time to get busy. Try to enjoy your day guys!
Appreciate 3
AP2880.00
Mandingo93510.50
G30 B581556.50