View Single Post
      07-29-2022, 12:16 PM   #11
Z K
Major General
Rep
Drives: E90 M3, G20 M340i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony B View Post
If there are 2 vertical sensors in the front arches and 1 in the rear, the system does not need any sensors in the dampers themselves to determine suspension deflection or rate of change.

As each EDC mode has its own map it should be possible - in theory - to determine whether current performance aligns to the pre-programmed map and thereby either:

1. Determine whether wear has degraded performance - my original question "is there an objective test"

And/or

2. Adjust damper settings to compensate for wear

I will see what Philipp says, if he has time to respond. I have met him several times, and I am sure he will if he has time.
This is way too much work for what you are trying to achieve. EDC on my car has been disabled and replaced for over 12 years since when I purchased the car. It was a crap system when it was new and much worse by today's standards.

Your #2 is not doable, and even if it is, the adjustment does not affect rebound, the EDC shock adjustment is just dampening (bound) so "compensating" by turning up the dampener will only change 1 aspect of the shock.

EDC is bad. Only dampening adjustment, no rebound, lack of suspension travel because of BMW's bad design choices and it's expensive. The adjustment is basically between soft and comfortable to very uncomfortable with no improvement in performance.

Last edited by Z K; 07-29-2022 at 12:23 PM..
Appreciate 0