08-03-2022, 04:52 AM   #22
luigilauro
Private First Class
Italy
Rep
Drives: BMW 530e xDrive Touring

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe-BMW33 View Post
So after I configure the box to my car, can I easily use Carplay from my phone like I do now without this device? Can I play my Spotify account on my phone? That is the question.
Yes, after you configure the box, you can use your iPhone via CarPlay as you usually do (Spotify or anything).

Again: watch the YouTube video and you will see that you get also the traditional CarPlay interface with all the usual functionalities for your iPhone.

Actually, you will also have the ADDITIONAL opportunity to install the same applications (e.g. Spotify w/ your account) on the Android BOX and use it from the dongle directly without even needing your Phone, if that is more convenient for you for any reasons (e.g. iPhone low battery, or forgot at home, or anything).

Of course that is with the new box compatible with latest iDrive updates, since the current sold / out of stock old box, or the newer MMB 11 Plus, are not compatible with BMWs.

We need a "BMW MMB 11 Plus", which as the reseller was telling me, it's under development right now, and should be coming in ~2 months.

Last edited by luigilauro; 08-03-2022 at 05:09 AM..
Appreciate 0