Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe-BMW33 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by cna90 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe-BMW33 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by cna90 View Post
I know. Before you couldn't even get M5 with sunroof let alone M5C.
I guess no one using Comp for what's supposed to do and weight saving doesn't matter anymore.
Nah, the purists don't opt for a sunroof. It is very rare you see an M5 or M5C with a sunroof. I am always taking note on forums and when I see one on the road. Very rare you see it. I am pretty sure and M5CS can't be configured with a sunroof. On the M5C, you lose the CF roof. That in itself is a non-starter for me.

I do like having the sunroof as an option, but I can tell you that I can count the times on two hands that I opened it per year in New England. The conditions have to be just right, which for me are a windows open type day in the 70's with no humidity. Very rare here in the Northeast.
That's exactly what I was thinking.
I'm in the same boat for sunroof. Either it's too cold or too hot for sunroof in Toronto.
It's more of a pain for me than a nice option really.
I have to condition the rubber around it every six month or so to get rid of the rattling noise.
For me it's over rated for a daily driver.
It's more of a GT car option that you'd drive on weekends in my opinion. I guess for you, Joe, it's the weekend car 😬.
It is the weekend car and it's garaged all winter. People don't understand why I don't drive it more. I honestly don't know why either as it's not a Porsche. For me, to take it to work Monday through Thursday and let it sit in the lot where people come and go all day isn't worth getting a ding. Then I just creep home in traffic, so that's not enjoyable even if I had it. I take it to work on Fridays because no one seems to work on Friday in the office. It's nice to have a clean car to drive on the weekends. The other thing is I pick up my Longhaired German Shepherd a few times a week from daycare and he definitely isn't allowed in the M550!
You know what, I was similar. I still am when I park it. Making sure it's far enough while it's protected and what not.
But with my new job I'm driving a lot, I get to enjoy it more aside from the tires that I keep blowing!!! I blew the same one again btw!!
I'm tired of driving some boring car during the week for work. Every place I worked at the last 10 years of my life I had company car that varied between between some boring Toyotas and Hondas! (Except a off road Land Cruiser and a Hilux)
Now I'm driving my car every day and gotta say it's amazing.
I'm cautious parking it and putting things in and out; but driving it daily is like an achievement tbh. Even in traffic the comfort in a 5er beats anything else. I got to learn to enjoy driving it more than admiring how clean and shiny it is.
Sometimes I think I won't do it to an M5 if I get but I'll probably do.
Then again I don't have an E39 M5. That is different 😂😂
…some of the GTA roads (including some hwys) are truly awful except 407 where I can drive w/o worries.
Appreciate 1
cna90177.50