Rep
Drives: 2021 m550i

Garage List
2021 BMW m550i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by LuvMyE92 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by H_T View Post
It records 20 seconds before and 20 seconds after an accident, or when the app is pushed. It does not continually record like a DVR.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carmody View Post
The automatic recording option with "20 seconds before the accident" seems a bit too ambitious (unless the system has a direct communication line to God), while manual recording start does not seem very useful. I would prefer continuous recording like in a standard dash cam instead of all this.
I think HT mis-wrote when he/she said it does not continuously record like a DVR. It does continuously record, it's just that the buffer is only 40 seconds.

Once you do something that it detects as an accident then it saves the current buffer and the next 20 seconds off to a file. When you "start" the app, it then saves that past 20 second buffer and the next 20 into a file.

I don't know how many files it can save, but it's not much.

I too would prefer a nice 128Gb video storage like my dash cam, but this has the advantage of being integrated and using 1,2 or 4 cameras. Everything is a trade-off.
Correct, 40 seconds total (20 from the buffer and 20 more). No direct line from God lol.

When I copied mine to a usb, it 1 video from 4 cameras (stitched together).

Example from a 5.0 eating dust:
Attached Images

Appreciate 0