10-09-2022, 11:29 PM   #1
Fast Intentions
RELAPSED MOD ADDICT
United_States
Rep
Drives: F10 F80 *202 F97*

RK Tunes M550 Intake Installation Question W/Stupid Active Grills

Hi all,

How do I install the RK intakes with the active grills on the car. I really don't want to drop the bumper and don't really know what to do about It. Had the car all apart the other day and had to revert back to stock config because I couldn't figure out how to remove these stupid active grills. If It were up to me, I'd completely cut them off. Such a dumb idea but I dont want a CEL because of It. RK'a response to my request for instructions is "we don't offer an installation guide as they are very straight forward to install, sorry" my response to that is, if I'm asking for It, it's obviously not that straight forward. Dropping the bumper is not an option, had really bad experience doing that in the past.

About to return these things and get something else if I cant figure It out.

Thanks in advance!
Mods: Evolution Racewerkes Downpipes / Maximum PSI Front Mount Intakes / Active Autowerkes Mid Pipe / JB4 Stage 3 (Bluetooth) / BMS Meth Kit / AKRAPOVIC CF Tips / VORSTEINER VFF101 Wrapped in Hankook Ventus V12.2's / BMS 12/15MM Spacers Mode Carbon Spoiler / M Performance CF Lip / RW DTM CF Diffuser / RW CF Mirrors / RW CF Fender Inserts / RW CF Grills
Appreciate 0