Gautam
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: M550

Garage List
2018 BMW M550i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattl0806 View Post
Should I just get this thing pretty stock then?

The only must haves are parking assistant and the rear sunshades in my book.

I'm the fence with all of these… I NEED this car, I don't need all the below and quite frankly I'm worried adding the seat stuff is going to make the seat firmer. I liked the Dakota seat in the 540.

Maybe that's the safest bet or just upgrade to napp and ventilation?

Take it or leave it?
Nappa
Massage
ventilation
Steering wheel
Rear seat heat
Leather dashboard
My 2 cents:
I wouldn’t buy a car without Parking assistant and adaptive cruise. Sunshades are nice. It’s silly that they aren’t standard.

Nappa- I’d definitely recommend going for. I went from nappa to Dakota back to Nappa. Dakota is tougher and stress free but nappa is noticeably nicer and feels truly luxurious. I don’t notice a difference between merino and nappa.

Massage & ventilation - as others have said bmw has not done a good job with either of these. You wouldn’t be missing much by passing. I don’t know how the seats feel without them so maybe I’m missing out.

Steering wheel heat - It was a must for me in the northeast and is a nice to have in California. Being able to warm up your hands without needing to put gloves on makes life easier. I didn’t have it 2 cars ago and regretted it.

Rear seat heat- I’ve gotten compliments from adult passengers. But obviously doesn’t affect you as the driver.

As a side note, I’ve noticed 5er’s with the cold weather options to have notably higher resale value. They seem sought after.

Leather dashboard- personally could not care less about it. If it doesn’t affect my comfort, driving experience or convenience, it doesn’t matter to me. It’s the only option possible in my g30’s year that I don’t have so take that as you will.
Appreciate 1
adhrp1339.00