View Single Post
      11-15-2022, 06:37 AM   #22
HighlandPete
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: BMW F11 535i Touring

Quote:
Originally Posted by NGT2 View Post
- I have neither suspension, as I have a Luxury Line pre-LCI 540. What I can comment on is the whole idea of changing the suspension mode - it's kind of overrated. What I mean is, I don't find comfort mode THAT much more comfortable than sport mode. You won't know the difference and also you aren't missing much. It's not like it goes from 7 series ride to M340 ride with the touch of a button. It's just a subtle adjustment. And I am in a place with bad roads, so I feel I'd be able to tell a huge difference if it were there. I can't speak to the enhancement in comfort of the DHP, so I won't speculate. But if not being able to change suspension mode from sport to comfort, like you would in a luxury line model, is your concern then my experience is that you're overthinking a subtle adjustment.
Have you got VDC fitted to your Luxury line? If not, there won't be any difference in Comfort or Sport mode.

I've Adaptive Drive (DHP) on my F11 M-sport wagon, it is so different to any standard or M-sport suspension.

DHP is not just about variable comfort, (although that gives options for road condition and how I want to drive). It is the ability to corner much flatter than any comfort biased passive suspension can give you. I see the Dynamic Drive part (ARS), the 'star' option of running my wagon.
Appreciate 0