01-09-2023, 06:26 PM   #17
HerkHealer
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: G30/M550

Quote:
Originally Posted by EUPremier View Post
Hi folks,

Just got a rather massive domestic electricity bill (€900 for two months). It's both my first electricity bill since getting my 545e and an outlier in terms of previous bills -it's twice as high.

BMW's 'My BMW' app is the one I use with the car and it's telling me the car imported 441Kw during Nov & Dec combined (got car in late Nav). At €0.35/Kw this claims the car contributed €155 to the bill.

I wonder has anyone any information as to the reliability of the app in respect of electrical consumption?

I will put a meter on the plug (using Mode 2 /3pin) and double check but would be interesting to know if anyone else has a similar experience.

I traded my M5 for this… if the cost spike is solely down to the car, the M5 would be cheaper to run! 🙈🤣
Curious to what your gas prices are currently ? I know you use Liters versus Gallons as we do in the US, but when I was stationed over there years ago, your gas prices were about 4 or 5 times higher than what we pay for a Gallon. Which currently is "roughly" $4.00 or so depending where you live.
It takes 3.75 liters to make a gallon.