Greywall
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: '23 M550i

Garage List
2023 BMW M550i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by adhrp View Post
Almost always comfort, rarely sport (unless I'm in the mood for a reckless driving charge!). My highway numbers include miles and miles of 80 mph runs but the average speed is most likely in the 60-70 range. Sometimes Eco mode on the highway with DAP activated if it is a very long stretch with low traffic.
Ended up checking my stats and avg for this month is 21mpg. And it's true, the longer you drive the higher the MPG. Got 25mpg avg for the day I took my son out to a college campus visit 2.5 hours away, 250 miles driven that day. This was mostly with DAP on, which I think helps a lot with MPG.

But the day before, only 20 miles of short trips ended up with 16.7 MPG... bet I was lead footing it from light to light. I'm also just about always in comfort mode, with the occasional sport mode for the extra oomph. Tried eco mode with DAP once on a trip, it felt pretty sluggish while following to the point where everyone just kept cutting into the gap it created. Like you said, low traffic is key.
Appreciate 1
2022M550i3053.50