View Single Post
      01-29-2023, 01:19 PM   #46
meldoyfreak
Rep
Drives: BMW 530d

Quote:
Originally Posted by jag81 View Post
So update from myself,

origonally i sent my car back the dealership that i purchased it from with the TV issue and their response was that it is very signal depandant and that upon their "investigation" they drove it down the road a little bit and it picked up a signal. As far as they were concerned the car was behaving normally.

this week i took it to my local dealership with the same issue (and the fact that occasionally my phone wouldnt connect to the car unless i turned it (the car) off and on again.

A simple software update seems to have fixed the TV issue for me.

I'm now running on

NBTevo_Y21432J

Telephone and Media: TB/MB -007.039.008 respectively

Hi Jag81

My G12 2016 that I bought direct from BMW UK also had same problem. They initially replaced the tv module, which seemed to sort it. Then after a few months the same problem occurred, so highly unlikely it was a hardware fault. Took it back again and a software update recall was due on the vehicle and they said they should solve the problem. It didn’t (same firmware that you have mentioned above), so I took it back again and their master tech did some coding to get all the channels back. Now, a few months later, same problem again. Not sure if I should take it to the dealer under warranty recall or just live with it as I don’t watch TV anyway…?
Appreciate 0