View Single Post
      02-24-2023, 01:53 AM   #37
RichF90M5C
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2023 F90 M5 Competition

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrussGott View Post
Well, for me it would take no brain to think PPF was remotely smart My X5 is 15 months old and been driven from San Diego to Vancouver, BC 4 times as well as my daily driver.

I have 3 tiny paint chips & it would take you an hour to find them IF you could find them. So those 3 paint chips in 15 months are worth $5k+ in your opinion?

Of course they aren't, that'd be stupid. And I do my own detailing!

Anyway, you wondered how PPF is even an option, well that's how: I'd be a total moron to get PPF.

That said, X5s (and especially with 22" PS4s) are notorious for lower-door road rash and mine definitely has it! So I shoulda PPF'd that

Even so, here are two pics, same time, one Sun, on shade, you point out the road rash:

Anyone who's first thought wasn't:
"damn he needs to get some Brake Buster to prevent that unsightly rotor rust "
probably doesn't have the personality nor knowledge to wisely buy PPF.

In short, for many people, PPF is purely an emotional purchase, not a rational one.

e.g., a non-M car has sure as fuck never been an option for me, but that's mostly because I'm an insecure douchebag looking for validation, not because I ever needed it.
Hang on, either your car only has three paint chips and you’re against PPF, or it has loads of lower door rash, and you regret it? You’ve completely contradicted yourself.

Your pictures are from a distance, of course we won’t see any chips. Put your money where your mouth is, and post some extreme close ups of the front bumper, and we’ll point out all the chips for you.
Appreciate 2
ksa1085.50