View Single Post
      03-17-2023, 11:56 AM   #93
lucysparabola
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2013 535i M-Sport

I'll shed some light on the AliExpress B&W mids/tweeters;

I have a 2013 F10 535i. Went to eBay looking for B&W genuines, but got blitzed and was sold the fakes. eBay was useless in getting me refunded as was the 'seller', so I kept them and still have them in the car until my genuine B&Ws arrive next week.

they felt very stout... I only caught onto the fakes as I went looking for more of the mids to put in my car only to see the differences in the genuine drivers from junkyards vs. the AliExpress models in my car. anyway...

I have 2x front door mids/tweeters and 2x rear deck mids, tweeters are sitting in a bag unused. They sound... alright. Definitely did not blow me away. I'm on the stock HiFi amp and I also pushed a Match Up 7's power through the fakies.... that did improve the sound. Would I buy them again? no way... i don't like fake stuff being sold to me. I haven't pushed the volume enough to know if there's any level of distortion but it wouldn't surprise me as such if there were.

I'll have my genuine mids & Diamond tweeters going in about this time next week once all of the rest of it arrives. I can post a comparison "review" if you guys would like. also, if anyone wants to save themselves the wait time from China I'll be glad to sell you the fakies for 20% off the website cost. I think the store mine were bought from was called "China Car Audio" on Ali.

all in all, I know some guys are fine buying the knock offs and I don't hate on them for doing so. I just want the real thing, which is what I wanted in the first place - so that's why I have them on the way lol. these fakies... like i said, they're 'OK'. I just want better than OK.
Appreciate 0