View Single Post
      03-31-2023, 09:09 PM   #8
gbalthrop
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2007 328xi E91

Quote:
Originally Posted by VehementCrom View Post
The tachometer doesn’t show anything when the car was cranking. Here’s are my current codes from Carly today... I tried to start the car again, it will sit there and crank, but doesn’t fire or stumble whatsoever. If anyone has any suggestions, I would love to hear them...
Carly show NO Fault Memory for the DME (Engine Control) Module. If you CANNOT connect to the DME & View Live Data, such as Engine RPM during Starter Cranking, then the first likelihood is there is NO Power to the DME when Ignition is ON.

INPA or ISTA would quickly show if DME is Powered or Connected by PT-CAN bus to JBE "Hub". I do not know anything about Carly, except it SHOULD be able to read Fault Codes in ALL ~ 20 Modules in your vehicle. Three of the Fault Codes you posted indicate that the KOMBI and EKPS Modules (Instrument Cluster & Fuel Pump Modules), are NOT receiving expected "Messages" from the DME, suggesting it may NOT be powered. Same for NO Tach Signal.

In post #5 you stated: "I'm wondering if I connected something wrong in the engine harness box. I had all the wiring out to pull the motor out of the car. There is one connector towards the front of the harness box, where 3 red wires all plug in, and it seems like they could be swapped."

Attached to NEXT Post, so as NOT to destroy Margins here, are SIX (6) ScreenPrints from ISTA of the DME Power Supply for your 2006 330i. The 4th ScreenPrint shows A2076, B+ Potential Distributor, which receives Battery Power from fuse F54, & supplies CONSTANT power for DME function to X60003/1, Red Wire. A2076 also supplies power to K6300 DME Main Relay, which when activated by DME Ground signal to relay Electromagnet, supplies the MAIN Power to X60003/3, Orange wire at DME.

Please let me know if any questions,
George
Appreciate 1