View Single Post
      06-28-2023, 08:45 PM   #7
JCtx
Major General
Rep
Drives: No BMW yet

Yes, that is correct. Salesman called yesterday saying no more ordering of '23s. And BMW configurator now just lists '24s indeed... but only 530s. The only few '23 540s in the pipeline are not nearly fully optioned, but I wouldn't buy one without a discount anyway, since some dealers are offering 4 grand off. And they're going to depreciate even worse, with the G60 out. So he's now trying to sell me a M550i or 840i. By the way, just checked used 550s, and they depreciate like crazy, so not sure if paying 10 grand over MSRP for a 911 would be a better financial move, but I refuse to do that. Ha ha. So maybe I should consider a pristine used one... which I've never done before. The M550i is reportedly over 500 lbs heavier than a RWD 540i, and probably most at the front (where the heavier engine and AWD hardware is), so it probably handles like a boat by comparison. And a 540 handles like a boat compared to an M340/440i, so I don't know where to stop. I want to try the E53 too, since you can order it with air suspension and acoustic package. I want a hybrid sports and luxury car, if that makes sense. Being quiet and comfortable when traveling, and fun and competent in the twisties when putting everything in sport+. I wouldn't track it, so no need for M3 handling at the expense of comfort and a loud cabin. Will keep doing research, and narrow down what the heck I want. Fun stuff. Ha ha.
Appreciate 0