View Single Post
      06-29-2023, 02:48 PM   #12
JCtx
Major General
Rep
Drives: No BMW yet

I personally MUCH prefer buttons myself, than everything on a freaking screen. At least the common ones, like HVAC, driving modes + suspension/exhaust adjustments, and heated/cooled seats. But seems like everyone is going in that direction, unfortunately. But thank you for the heads up.

I've been looking at comparisons with comparable German cars, but can't find anything. If I buy an M550i, I absolutely want it with massage seats and full Merino (besides ventilation and DHP, of course), to entice my wife to ride with me. Ha ha. Austin (south) is getting one any day, and I need to go back there in a week or two, so will drive it. They have one with DHP and one without, so hopefully I can drive the latter, which is what I want too. I had a 2018 S6 V8TT after a GTR, which I assume is very comparable to the M550i, and I really liked it... but had engine issues, so had to sell it. I never liked the Audi's handling, since it has a FWD-based chassis, with a ton of weight in front of the axles (engine sits longitudinal). So I assume the M550i should run circles around it, not to mention it has over 100hp more. The new ones are more powerful, and V6 turbo, but still ride on the same FWD-based chassis, so no more Audis for me. The immediate competitor that comes to mind vs BMW is the E class... but no V8 (except E63 AMG, but that's an M5 competitor). At any rate, the M550i gets 17/25 on 18 gallons, vs the M3 16/23 on 15.6 gallons, so that's pretty good. The E53 gets 20/28 with a 17.5 tank, so very good range. Plan to drive at least those 2 next time I'm in Austin, for go from there. Thank you for all the info guys.

Last edited by JCtx; 06-29-2023 at 03:24 PM..
Appreciate 0