View Single Post
      06-29-2023, 11:53 PM   #19
G30M
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: BMW M550i; Kia EV6 GT

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCtx View Post
Thank you very much for your input; greatly appreciated. I remember configuring a '23 540i with full merino, so surprised the higher end M550 didn't offer it on the configurator, but I believe you. The 540i had 2 options: extended Merino, and full Merino; not sure what the difference was, but maybe the dash, and other areas. On the M550, there's a separate option for leather dash, and I saw both that, and the Bowers & Wilkins audio, on a '22 M550i for sale by a private owner, and most other options as well, but for $79K, and with 6K miles, and almost 2 years on the warranty. Have a few questions for those who might know:
Is the difference from the HK to the BW that great? I remember reading that it wasn't any better, but I think the guy was talking about an 850.
The other question is if the moon-roof sunscreen is solid or translucid, like in most Mercedes vehicles. I do not want it translucid, so hope it has a solid cloth cover.

Finally, I didn't want black wheels, nor runflat tires, but it's impossible to find everything you want. At least the wheels/tires are 19s, which is what I wanted. I also wanted the ivory interior, but that brown doesn't look that bad. My final thought is why did that person got rid of that car that soon at such a massive loss; makes you wonder. And in that case, I'll probably never know, since it was traded. Called the place, and should get more info tomorrow. Will keep you posted. Thanks again guys.
hey man sorry i can't access autotrader from my internet- it's blocked for some reason.
HK + B&W - there is a difference, i wouldn't call it massive depending on what you are after. the bass mid and treble are the close, and the B&W is more sparkly and more lively in the treble area which is not where i get my pleasure (= bass and human voice). also the louder you crank it up the bigger the difference. in my car i have cranked up the bass and the human voice and turned 1khz and beyond all the way down!) i get my pleasure from the V8, DHP (the witchcraft that makes a bouncy heavy car corner flatter, less bouncy and more effortless than my stiff twitchy M340i both in the dry and in the wet), and fake engine sound. the real engine/exhaust sound is even better but you can't hear it from the inside.

why people don't drive their car - some have many cars and don't drive some of them. could be many reasons. i'd say most likely he has a few SUVs and didn't drive the sedan and traded the 550 for a LCI X5/X5M

Last edited by G30M; 06-30-2023 at 12:00 AM..
Appreciate 0