07-23-2023, 06:57 PM   #3703
ezaircon4jc
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 540i M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by HerkHealer View Post
Hahaha...........yea there's tons of stories like that. I remember us flying into Naval Bases a few times. ATC always asks the rank of the Pilot. Without thinking, our guys who are usually an O3 (Captain) replied back. In the Navy, a Captain is an O6, which is just below where Generals start. One place we landed at literally rolled a red carpet at the acft front door. LOL
I heard a really good one from a "brave" chAir Force controller at HIF. He sent around an aircraft carrying some General; there was traffic on the runway so landing wasn't an option. . The pilot said they General so-and-so-so onboard and had no intention of going around. The controller said to "go around and take the General with you!"

We got a call from base ops at HIF "telling" us that when Often51 gets here he was #1 (another General onboard). Our sup told them that when he's at the fence he's #1, but until then he was ours. The dude at HIF said that we didn't understand, general so-and-so was onboard so he's #1. Our sup told him that HE didn't understand, "I don't work for you!" and, again, he's #1 at the fence!
Appreciate 0