09-07-2023, 11:20 PM   #17
ashmostro
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 M4cs | 2022 M550i

Quote:
Originally Posted by bapmax View Post
The drop is perfect, well done. Looking into these for my 2019 but Eibach states the m550i pro kit should not be used on vehicles with EDC (electronic damping control) which the m550i all have, so I hesitate. Are you having no issues, why would Eibach advise against it? Really appreciate any feedback you can provide.
Thank you. Yeah, I saw that too before I purchased and figured it made no sense given the exact reason you state, so I pulled the trigger anyway.

TBH I think the bigger issue is how eibach makes this kit for basically all G30's regardless of engine, and I think this kit was tuned for the 540i. The reason I say that is because the front drop is a little more than the rear which you should be able to tell from the pics. This makes sense since the V8 in the M550 engine outweighs the I6 in the 540, but the rear ends aren't that different.

If I were to do it again I would personally go with MSS so I could tune the ride height, or just go with Dinan springs designed specifically for the M550, as I think those have a bit higher front spring rate than the Eibachs (again, because of the target load).

That all said, the Eibachs are the best deal out there for a good drop and pretty good road manners. I wouldn't discourage anyone from getting them if they check all your boxes.
Appreciate 0