View Single Post
      09-16-2023, 06:35 PM   #1
bugg
Private
Rep
Drives: '11 E90 M3 / '95 993

Civic Type R/Integra Type S

My throttle actuators just went out again (replaced 2021) and with my car parked up in limp mode while waiting for parts, I've been wondering if I should just get something less... fragile.

Tedward (on Youtube) went through the same thought process and traded his E92 for a CTR. Granted, the markup on the CTR/ITS is insane right now, but I'd like to have the peace of mind of being able to road trip my car in the summer without worrying about packing tools and replacement throttle actuators.

For those who have driven both the E9X M3 and CTR/ITS, how do they compare? I almost got an FK8 CTR 2 years ago, but figured I should get a large-displacement NA V8 while I still can.

In terms of practicality the civic likely wins out, with the hatch. Also I'm 6'3 and nobody with legs can fit behind me in the E90. But how's the drive? I love the balance of the E9X platform - small enough to feel agile and adjustable (especially with monoball thrust arms), but not too porky. A near one-off engine and great feedback throughout.

There's another thread on here about this but it was filled with fanboys parroting "bUt itS a HoNDa!" Badges and luxury are pretty low on my list, down at the bottom with the G80 grill

Last edited by bugg; 09-16-2023 at 07:01 PM..
Appreciate 1