View Single Post
      10-13-2023, 05:23 PM   #214
Daniels1117
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 22’ M550i

Quote:
Originally Posted by nlkccom View Post
This morning the idrive displayed the coolant level low message when I started the car. While topping off the coolant level is no biggie, I was a bit surprised, since I've only had my car for about 4 months, with about 5k miles. Is this common? Happened to any of you?
Just had my low coolant light come on while the engine was off, which I thought was strange. I was cleaning my interior and the gong noise went off. When I started the car the error was gone. Didn’t see the error again for a few days and then the same thing happened, low coolant error when opening car door (engine off). Start the engine and error goes away. After reading many threads on Bimmerpost this seems to be a common issue with the n63tu.

Decided to stop by BMW dealer and pick up some coolant. Just opened the cap today and my coolant was definitely low (under the min level. Added ~500 mL of green coolant + distilled water to bring the level up.

2022 ~32k miles no visible leaks. For what it’s worth I do live in AZ and summer weather is almost over. It is 105-120 degrees F everyday from June-August. Could some of the coolant have evaporated? Car is parked outside often (covered but not garaged) I read somewhere that extreme hot/cold weather can effect coolant levels. Should I be concerned about a leak or is this likely the result of brutal AZ weather.
Appreciate 0