View Single Post
      10-25-2023, 04:55 PM   #30
Sxs1687
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW M550i

I just hit 62k, I was planning to do the following around the 60k mark and just haven't gotten around to it unfortunately:
- transmission fluid drain and fill
- transfer case fluid
- front and rear diff
- spark plugs

With BMW claiming everything is "lifetime" (except the plugs of course), I'm debating if I should bother doing all this work. I have the rt66 warranty which should cover me, if anything goes wrong. Though I keep thinking I should do it, so I don't have to rely on the warranty?! I plan to keept he car til around 100k miles.

I had a 2014 F10 550i before this and I actually bought materials and all to do the above work on that car, and just never got around to it (also had a similar warranty on the car which I'm sure added to my laziness of doing it). Sold the car at 88k with no issues caused by these 60k mi services. The plugs got changed at 54k on that car because I must've pushed it too hard in sport mode on i95 one night where it went into limp mode and threw a drivetrain malfunction code due to a coil. Warranty covered 3 coils and the 3 plugs (I paid for the other 5 plugs but apparently didn't need the other 5 coils). Only other issue I had was the high pressure fuel pump but that was covered by some manufacturer warranty on that engine, didn't even need my 3rd party warranty.

All in all, I'm stuck wanting to do all this and not wanting to at the same time. 🙈
Appreciate 0