View Single Post
      03-08-2024, 04:57 PM   #11
X5 50e Lemon
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2024 BMW X5 50e

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colibri View Post
First of all, totally sucks on the lemon - I can only imagine your frustration.

2nd, you realize interest on $5k for 12 weeks is about $65-70, right? It's not like they took your $5k and stuck in an interest bearing escrow account for you and are withholding the interest fro you. And you *didn't* give them $50k.

Your insurance applied to the loaner you took - you received at least some value there.

Did you tell them you have excess solar and had free go-juice when you took/accepted the 40i? And ask them to compensate you because you expected to be getting around for free? Or are you now just tallying things up that you feel would be a nice gesture because your situation sucks - that's understandable.

Yeah it sucks to be in your situation. Yeah an attorney might squeeze a bit from them. But for me, what might amount to an additional $500 (because that's the rough tally of what you're speaking to here), not worth my time, or stress.

You seem to be open to another one/bimmer, if you could get one... maybe that's how they make it right, and yeah, in your shoes I'd expect a big discount if I were going to commit to giving them any more of my $... because for me there's more power in where and how I apply my next $50-100k than in spending my time chasing $500.
It's less the actual money than the feeling of not feeling valued. It's also the issue of having to go find/negotiate/buy another one. I hate the process. All I want is a replacement. I wouldn't be arguing for anything else if they would've accepted this.

I also would've accepted reimbursement for diminished value. I don't understand why they can't do this. They're going to take the car back, get a third part involved, and then likely sell it. Couldn't they just sell it to me for the sale price? This also would've made sense. I just don't get it.

I did mention the solar/gas costs/savings but they didn't accept it.

This is not much money to me, but I assure you it's far less to BMW and would go a long way to keeping a happy and loyal customer. I wouldn't be posting here if they had thrown me the smallest bone. The fact that they did the absolute minimum the law requires (what KIA would do) is what irks me. I've owned a couple of businesses and I understand that you sometimes (not always) take a loss to be fair and keep customers happy.
Appreciate 1
LuckyBrand1451.50