View Single Post
      03-09-2024, 06:39 AM   #15
BlkGS
Major
Rep
Drives: BMW X5 M50i

Garage List
Agree with with others. You're being made whole. You're asking to me made more than whole. Its a crappy situation, but the best you can do is have it reversed, which they're offering to do. As other put it, they're eating $25k plus in depreciation, and you're worrying about a hundred bucks in silly stuff.

If you don't want to find and negotiate on another one, don't. Get yours fixed and hope the next trans is the fix. It sounds likely to me that the transmission is just what they're thinking is the problem and reality is, something else is causing the issues. The ZF8 is a robust and highly regarded transmission, it's unlikely that you've had TWO brand new bad ones. If you replace this car with another 50e, there's no guarantee that one will be any better, and you'll still be working with a dealer who doesn't know how to fix it.

My take, find another dealer to troubleshoot it unless it's just tainted in your mind. If it's tainted, take.tjeirnoffer and buy something else. As pissed off as you are no that they're not making you more than whole, imagine how pissed you'll be when 50e number two also is a piece of crap that doesn't work. Maybe find the nicest 45e CPO you can?
Appreciate 1