NGT2
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW M550i xDrive (2020)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by HerkHealer View Post
You guys are not going to believe this shit.

This morning I get an email saying there is a recall for my 2024 KIA Telluride.
Called KIA customer care and they tell me its "engine related" and recalls are being sent out with repairs starting April 15. Curious, I call the dealer and speak with service. He looks up the recall and tells me that the entire fucking engine and several other components need to be replaced. Evidently this affects every Telluride built in Sept - Nov 2023. The root cause is faulty manufacturing parts from suppliers.

After hearing that, I call Kia Customer Care, call them on their bulllshit and say I want a New Telluride versus having all that work done on a brand new 4 month old vehicle with 700 miles. I even through in Lawyer. She immediately transferred me to "expedited care" and I was given a case # and will be assigned a customer care rep in 5 days.

I'm sure you all agree having that amount of work done on a brand new vehicle is ridiculous. I'm going to fight this as much as i can. Maybe even lawyer up.
It gets even worse. The dealer cannot even start ordering parts until the Telluride is physically on their property and they will not give me a loaner since it will likely take weeks or even months to get everything in. Kia customer care told me I can pay for a rental and submit a "request" to have that repaid. Nope. I will get it in writing.

This should be in the news soon. I've never heard of something so ridiculous.
Going to start drinking early today!

Grrrrrrrrrrrr.......................
Yeah, I’d be pissed.

RETIRED: 2018 540i Luxury Line (Dark Graphite/Canberra Beige)
Appreciate 1
HerkHealer1759.00