View Single Post
      03-21-2024, 01:27 AM   #1
Staylo-
Rep
Drives: 2019 540ix M Sport

This would be my first ever bmw and I am going to pick it up this coming Friday, almost everyone I grew up with had one so I had to see what their all about... but on a real note I will be on this forum 24/7 asking for help and advice lmaoo.

I did my research on the gen 1 b58 and im nothing but stuck on it only thing I was worried about the cooling mods for the 540i or g30. There ain’t many company’s that offer the same cooling for the 540ix as other b58 models, and my question for that is would those models cooling mods like a front heat exchanger, trans oil cooler fit on the 540ix? (I was looking at the CSF 4 piece cooling package)

I was going to build the car reliable than go onto to the performance mods. I was looking at starting by buying VRSF High-Flow Downpipes, FTP Charge Pipe Intake Combo, MST Air Intake, VS Catch Can, BN Ignition Coils, Dorsh Stage 2 HPFP, SP Stage 3 lower fuel pump, and RK Port Injection Manifold paired with the Reflex+ Flex Fuel Kit for e85, than with the performance mods I was going to go with a Pure 850, rebuilt trans, M Performance Breaks, MHD Flash, NOS and I’m going to go to a local BMW shop for tuning and diagnostics. My end goal pretty much is to have a grudge racing 540ix that reliably push 650-700 whp or even more later down the road!

If there’s better ways to make that type of power and to run reliably for cheaper or just better in general please give me some advice on what you think I’m willing to soak up any type of b58 knowledge, ik it will come in handy.. on the other hand I’m ready to be part of the family!
Attached Images

Appreciate 1
Joe-BMW337502.00