View Single Post
      03-24-2024, 01:19 PM   #1
msiiix
Registered
Rep
Drives: F13 M6

F13 DCT stuttering shift issues

2014 M6. Every now and again, as I’m driving in D2, efficient, and warmed up, the DCT stutters while shifting from 4th to 5th. Maybe 30% throttle and you can feel when it goes to shift, the RPMs drop about 30-60, and the next clutch (5th) never fully engages. This wasn’t a problem for a while as I could remedy by lifting off the throttle and it would then engage the next clutch smoothly. But yesterday, I was occupied merging on to a freeway didn’t feel it doing this, keeping my foot on the gas and holding that middle RPM as the engine and trans vibrated for about 5 seconds, and then threw a CEL and went into limp mode. I immediately pulled over and turned off the car. It was idling weird and the code reader was saying cylinder 4 misfire (Less than a month ago I had a misfire and replaced all plugs and coils, so I knew it wasn’t that) I cleared the codes, waited a few min and started back up and no more CEL or idling issues. Drove it around for the rest of the day no issues. I am wondering if anyone F13 or F10 has had this experience with the DCT and what the problem could be.
Appreciate 0