View Single Post
      03-27-2024, 06:39 PM   #384
dfox
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: E88 135i 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Car-Addicted View Post
Hard to make any case that Max is not earning his keep. That said two roosters in the hen house often ends up with fewer eggs and two dead roosters. Choice of the right number two driver is maybe the most important choice a team can make. Ferrari is about to learn a very public lesson on that next year.
Not trying to make the case that he isn't.

But you put Sainz in that second RB, a driver who is definitely better than Checo, and yes, you're looking at a case of two roosters in the hen house. Sainz will want to prove that he's the better driver, whether he is or not, and it's going to create fireworks.

The Max obsessed need to realize that Checo is really one of the best pairings for Max right now. Before the RB was by far and away the best car on the grid, Checo helped Max win races. He's one of three drivers in the past 2 years to win a race. He's pulled 2nd in 2/3 races so far this year, despite continuous issues with single lap speed. As much as he says he wants to be 1st, he knows that he won't be but he's happy where he's at. Alonso could work, because he'd fit in just like Checo.

As far as Ferrari, I think their current pairing is more electric than it will be with Ham. I foresee Ham coming in with tons of excitement, but he'll end up fitting in behind Charles.
Appreciate 1