View Single Post
      04-11-2024, 01:30 PM   #5
XutvJet
Major General
Rep
Drives: 2011 Cayman Base, 2016 M235

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mboi235i View Post
I will update the OP after I do more research and budget my options. Cars are so much more complicated than motorcycles rofl.

The objective is not to make an M2. Its to have some fun modding my car while trying to achieve M2 performance levels. Im not going to race competitively any time soon so I don't mind 'never being an m2', and when I arrive at the point where I am able to race competitively with finances to back it up, I'll pick up something better than the M235i.

And tyvm dradernh for your post. I was thinking wheels as first mod. But that requires camber plates or coilovers with adjustable cambers. Puts a bigger price tag on everything.
I'm running 245/35R18s all around with 18x8et43 wheels and no camber or spacer mods. The M235 is seriously hampered by the narrow 225/40R18s in the front. Putting 245s on the front axle makes a huge difference in front end grip.

My setup is as follows:

1) 245/35R18 square PS4s with 18x8et43

2) Dinan springs in the front with stock shocks. This gives about a 3/4" drop. I tried Bilstein Damptronics shocks in the front but they raised the front by 1/2", were very harsh, and clunked. All well known common issues.

3) Eibach springs in the back with Bilstein Damptronic shocks. This setup gives a 1/2" rear drop. I had Dinans in the back with their lift spacer and it was still too low (nearly 1"). The Eibachs are stiffer and teamed with the Bilsteins (which are great) gives more roll stiffness in the rear. The stance of the car is perfect.

4) M Performance LSD

For a street car, I think the setup is excellent and has no compromises. It's quiet, rides excellent, and handles far better than stock. I don't track the car, but I do hustle it on back roads. If I could change one thing, it would be a little more roll stiffness in the front. The car has lots of grip, but I'd like it just a little flatter. I think my 2011 Cayman has influenced this feeling a bit. I'd add a front sway bar, but I'm not doing anymore mods as I'm likely replacing it in 6 months or so. If it was an automatic, I'd probably keep it. My Cayman is a 6MT and far better sorted and enjoyable than the 6MT in the M235.