04-24-2024, 07:35 AM   #5
curtisb
Registered
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: G30

Quote:
Originally Posted by padraigg View Post
You can go for the separate A-pillar tweeter/door speaker pair or what I did was use these 2-way speakers instead https://www.focal.com/en/car-audio/c...wr/ic-bmw-100l

I'm very happy with their performance & were easy for me to install. Get yourself a decent trim tool kit (I got mine in Halfords) and some spare door card clips, because one or two will break. There are loads of YouTube videos showing how to remove the door cards.

The Focal speakers & loom use identical plugs & sockets as the BMW speakers so really straightforward to install. I replaced the speakers earlier this year, which gave a marginal improvement in sound, and the amp last weekend, which has made a huge difference.

If you got an early start, you could get everything installed in one day. No cutting required except for one small cut with a Stanley knife for running the cables for the door speakers through the seal that the speaker sits in to.

If you wanted to remove from the car then that too will be fairly simple.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Funk View Post
Oh that looks ideal, thanks for the info. Looks like it adds tweeters where the existing full range drivers are in the door - no need to fit them up by the A-pillar? How complicated was the install, did you DIY or get a car audio place to do it? I'm not hugely competent with such things...!

Guess it's also removable and could be sold on later too when I decide to sell the car.
Hey Funk did you upgrade your audio system?
Appreciate 0