ArmyBimmerDude
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Lola

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kampfer View Post
I did go to the link. I POSTED THAT LINK BEFORE THIS THREAD CAME UP. Why else would I tell you this is a repost?

The OP stated that his CA or similar told him to launch it as many times as he wanted. So there is the assumption that he launched it many times. Even people on the boards think he launched it quite a bit. I can't read through all the pages at work so you can you show me the number of times he launched it?

I was addressing your "screw Nissan" part because BMW and Ferrari (in their regular F430) would have done the same thing - not warranty something that your car shouldn't be doing.
So you're saying the car shouldn't be hitting the performance numbers that Nissan put out there for the world to see and that the only way to get 0-60 in 3.5 and 1/4 mile in 11.6 sec(can't remember for sure) is to void your warranty and disable traction control? That sounds normal and fair to you?

This isn't a discussion about how many times he launched. In this case, he launched like 20 times since he's had the car. The fact is that the tranny is wear, it only comes in AT, and as soon as you disable VDC you've voided at the very least your transmission warranty if not all of it. Yep, I'm sure all the Nissan sales reps let their customers know about that BEFORE they put their deposits down...

I'm sorry, but the luster on the GT-R is gone. Give me a R34 anyday.