View Single Post
      09-15-2007, 04:30 PM   #21
Legion5
Major
Rep
Drives: e92

Quote:
Originally Posted by larryn View Post
Legion5... I've been to Germany many, many times (just got back on Tuesday), and I can assure you that just because they still offer crank windows on some models, they are viewed as anything but bland over there.

As far as all that other rambling in the post.. you obviously have never driven a BMW for any length of time. I'll tell you what, in order for you to make an informed post, go test drive a 335i (the most comparable car to the 135i right now), then test drive a Mustang GT immediately afterwards. Once you've done that, post your impressions.
Well that's Germany. You're corrupting the point. In places like France, Italy and Norway they are viewed as everything AND bland. When you walk down the streets you see a million Citroens Peugeots etc that all look like BMW clones.

Admit that at least. I like BMW as much as the next person, I'm not trying to insult them, but this is how the car manufacturer really is.

I actually am a fan of comparing real world cars instead of BS statistics and I test drove the 335i and in no way does it compare to a GT, it's a lot like a G35 actually, except sharper and better, more pleasant even and the body control is significantly improved in all senses. Here's the thing though if we are talking about the 335i we're discussing a much much bigger wheel base here (to the 135), and a much higher price tag. You really can't magically replace a 335i with a 135i.

If we're talking about the 335i I would be disgusted at myself if I chose a GT over a brand new 335er. However if we make the choice more realistic and pick a GT500 or even a blown GT and a 335i then the decision gets blurred again.

(contrary to popular belief Supercarged GT's don't break loose much, take a Saleen for example.)

Anyway, I see the advantages of one or the other in the above realistic comparison depending largely on mood and preference rather than excelling in any absolute sense.
Appreciate 0