03-22-2009, 12:45 AM   #13
rcracer_tx
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: BSM 135i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yearofthe1 View Post
Again, that isn't the primary problem. Look at the JD Power Assoc reports on the HUGE gains Ford has made in the quality department. Have you been inside a non-fleet Ford in the last 2 years. They are very well put together, their fit and finish has come light years from where it was even 5 years ago. However, you CANNOT argue against the fact that UAW members make 3 TIMES MORE than their Japanese counterparts. For god's sake, these are blue collar workers! Now, I'm not at all saying they don't work hard, but blue collar is blue collar, and you shouldn't expect to make $90,000 per year as a blue collar worker. I'm not saying it can't be done. I know a few electricians, plumbers, and mechanics that make close to six fig's, but come on, these salaries cannot be the expected norm if US auto companies are to survive.

The UAW will kill the US auto companies if they don't accept reality.
Exactly my point... The more you have to spend on workers compared to the competition, the less you can put into design and better parts in the vehicle. The result is an inferior car for the money, and that is what the UAW has caused.
Appreciate 0