View Single Post
      06-26-2009, 02:20 PM   #34
RPM90
Major General
Rep
Drives: 340i M-sport AT

Quote:
Originally Posted by deeb View Post
Not so good traction = Dry with no debris or anything on the road at 13 degrees celsius? You're right... I'm an idiot.

$2200 for passenger window yes because they have to repaint the side, new trim, re-do the leather seats as the glass cut them etc etc.. yes insurance - $300 deductible.
I'm glad you agree, and see the error of your ways. It ain't bad luck, it's bad decisions.

Why this?:
"April 2009 - Deeb crashes his car due to freshly re-installed summer tires being hardened by friction trying to get out of said snow. - $18,000"

It appears you were not on "dry" roads.
And, in your 1st incident, you were stuck in the snow as well.
Yes, dweeb.
Don't use summer tires in winter when there is snow.

If the roads were clear and the temps fine to operate summer tires, then your driving skills must really suck as you keep getting stuck in snow and you crash, thus dweeb again.

What tires get "hardened by friction"? Heat softens tires. It doesn't harden them. Cold temps harden tires, which again is why you do NOT use summer tires in the winter.
You say it was about 55F, but you crashed your car when you "freshly re-installed" your summer tires while there was still snow out, and you managed to get stuck in it, during 55F degree weather, and then somehow you CRASHED your 1 to the tune of $18,000!?

What am I missing?

I agree all that sucks. But, I also see that your decisions and actions caused the biggest damage to your car, not bad luck.
Appreciate 0