02-10-2011, 05:15 PM   #12
Chewy734
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2006 BMW 330i ZPP, ZSP

Quote:
Originally Posted by - Paul - View Post
What if we have a hectic work/social life? Eg if I was to win the latest contest - I have to have a poll up by THIS Saturday! Seriously?? Do you think we have nothing better to do??
Paul,

You make a good point... if you're busy, you're busy. Sometime people go out of town for a week or two. Most of us won't wait that long. Shortening the submission and voting times do not prevent dragging things along due to either laziness or being legitimately busy. So, not having strict guidelines or deadlines would defeat the purpose of changing anything right now.

That being said, in the case you describe, if you won that contest (satisfaction should be enough since there is no prize) and are too busy to post a new theme, then #2 will pick the theme, or #3 if #2 is busy.

Also, if you win by a landslide, and it's obvious you'll be the winner during voting, you can post a theme subject in that voting thread for what you want the next theme to be (if you know you'll be out of town and can't do it yourself). One of us will happily post that theme on your behalf, assuming you indeed win at the end of voting.

I know it's not necessarily the ideal situation, but you have to balance out time with moving contests along. Some contests in the past have lasted over a month from beginning to end, and that's too long in my opinion.

Obviously this is open for debate... just my opinions and suggestions on this matter.