Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: G03 X3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wivenhoe View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by AP View Post
Often wondered myself and I've not found Nythin in the manual and no obvious option in idrive that I could see assumed it was based upon gps location.

Couldn't see anything under units not in lights for that matter to state you are driving on the other side of the road
My Drivers Guide says (I have found it’s not always correct !!! And I think it is only referring to adaptive ) :-

Left-hand/right-hand traffic General
When driving in countries where vehicles drive on the opposite side of the road to your vehicle's country of registration, you will need to prevent your headlights from dazzling oncoming vehicles.
LED headlights, Adaptive Headlights
General

Light distribution of the headlights prevents the dipped-beam headlights from dazzling other road users even when driving in a country where vehicles drive on the other side of the road to your vehicle's country of registration.
Adaptive Headlights
When driving in countries which drive on the other side of the road to your vehicle's country of registration, do not drive with the switch in position . Otherwise, the variable light distribution may result in a blinding effect.
Adaptive LED headlights
Converting the headlights
Via iDrive:
1. "My Vehicle"
2. "Vehicle settings"
3. "Lights"
4. "Exterior lighting"
5. "Right-hand/left-hand traffic"
6. Select the desired setting.
All I see under then Exterior Lights option is for the number of flashes for the turn signals and the duration of the follow home function... don't see the rest.

I have the simpler adaptive lights (turn with wheel, etc) and not the full icon set - the menu you mention is not in my iDrive, maybe because i have the lower spec?
Appreciate 0